The above is a question taken from a help forum. You are probably reading this article because that question relates to you in one way or another. Basically, Xfinity is a brand used by Comcast Cable Communications. Among the services provided by this provider are consumer cable televisions, telephone services, internet, wireless services, etc.
Besides that, they provide different types of remote controls for different TVs. However, we have noticed that many people say that their ‘ Xfinity remote does not work ‘ for some reason. According to the logs, the problems are related to the old and new remotes.
- 1 Xfinity Remote Not Working – The Reasons Behind It
- 2 1. A problem with the remote program
- 3 2. A problem with the device or the application
- 4 3. The device’s batteries are exhausted
- 5 4. Physical damage to the device
- 6 Solution 1: Reset your remote and program it to fix ‘Xfinity Remote not working’
- 7 2. For Xfinity XR 11 Remote
- 8 Solution 2: Reset your Xfinity chart if your ‘Xfinity remote doesn’t work’
- 9 1. Reset using hardware buttons to fix ‘Xfinity Remote not working’
- 10 2. Reset the Xfinity box using the app to fix ‘Xfinity Remote not working’
Xfinity Remote Not Working – The Reasons Behind It
We have done a great deal of research on this topic. We went through various forums, read customer reviews, user comments, etc., to get a general idea of the subject. That is in addition to the analysis we did on the technical specifications of this product. Plus, we took a look at the strategies they used when their Xfinity remote wasn’t working.
After reviewing all of that information, we learned that there could be multiple reasons behind this problem. Listed below are reasons that may prevent your Xfinity remote from working as expected. Having a general idea about the problem can be helpful for any user before finding solutions.
1. A problem with the remote program
After you buy a new remote you will need to program it so it should work out of the box. If you do not establish a connection between those two devices, the remote control cannot send any commands.
2. A problem with the device or the application
In some cases, the device may malfunction or there may be an app-related communication problem. In that case, you will need to reset it. And, this is considered a common problem for both vendor-supplied trade name remotes. Additionally, a few cases were reported where Comcast remotes began to malfunction.
3. The device’s batteries are exhausted
Interestingly, this is a fairly common problem among those using Xfinity remote devices. The batteries of the devices can eventually run out and stop powering the remote control. As a result, it will not send any command to the TV box even if it is programmed.
4. Physical damage to the device
Another reason behind this problem is a physical malfunction. That means your Xfinity remote may prevent it from working properly due to the physical damage that has occurred. Broken hardware cannot be repaired by yourself in almost all cases. In that case, the only option is to replace the broken hardware.
So those are the possible causes to consider if your ‘Xfinity remote isn’t working. When it comes to fixing this problem, you need to make sure of a couple of things beforehand. That means you have to check if the batteries have enough power and if there is no damage to the hardware. After checking those two aspects, you can move on to the fixes, which we list below.
PS: if you want to find out how to hack Xfinity wifi and get network to unlock code easily.
Solution 1: Reset your remote and program it to fix ‘Xfinity Remote not working’
Have you bought a new remote control or a new TV box? If so, it is mandatory to program the remote control to work with the TV box. However, if you have already programmed it and returned an error, you need to reset and reschedule it. In most cases, resetting and reprogramming the device works. If you want to try this solution, you can follow the steps mentioned below and do it. Please note that the steps may vary slightly depending on the Xfinity remote control model.
Also, click here to know more about Remote Stripping and how to troubleshoot An existing connection was forcibly closed by the remote host easily.
1. For XR 15 Remote
- If you are using an Xfinity XR 15 remote, you should follow the steps below to fix the Xfinity remote not working.
- Hold ” i ” and ” Xfinity ” buttons simultaneously.
- For XR 15 Remote
- Now, you will see a code appear on the TV screen.
- You must insert that code through the remote control. Please wait a moment for an answer.
- The TV will ask for verification. In that case, you must press the OK button on the remote control and choose ” Yes .”
For XR 15 Remote
- You will see the steps on the TV screen now. Those instructions will tell you which buttons to press and the code.
- Then you need to press the volume key and see if it works as expected.
- If the device works, you can press OK and choose the option called ” All done .”
- Is the device already programmed or paired with a different TV? If that’s your case, follow the steps below to reset it.
- Hold down both ” A ” + ” D ” on your remote.
For XR 15 Remote
- Then you will see the remote control light turn green.
- Then you can press 9 – 8 – 1.
- Then you need to program it again with the box.
- Also, let’s find out how to turn on Vizio TV without a remote with ease here.
2. For Xfinity XR 11 Remote
- Here’s how to reset the Xfinity XR 11 Remote device to fix the Xfinity remote not working and return to normal mode.
- You must press and hold the “ Prepare ” button. When you press and hold it, the red light will turn green.
- Once you see that just press 9 – 8 – 1, if that code doesn’t work you should try 9 – 9 – 1. That is because some models require that code.
- Also, you can try resetting the remote and programming it again.
- Now, hold down the button labeled ” Prepare ” and you should see the red light turn green.
- Now press the ” A ” button.
If you’ve tried all of the above methods and still haven’t been successful, don’t worry. There is another method to fix it. In this solution, we reset your Xfinity box instead of the remote. We assume there is something wrong with the Xfinity box and it is not communicating with your remote. As with the remote, there are two ways to fix your Xfinity box reset. In fact, resetting the Xfinity remote box is easier than resetting the Xfinity remote. Those two options are mentioned below for your reference.
You can use the physical buttons on the Xfinity box to quickly reset it. All you have to do is press and hold the ” Restart ” button. Just make sure you hold down the buttons for at least 5 seconds without leaving any space.
2. Reset the Xfinity box using the app to fix ‘Xfinity Remote not working’
You already know a special application called ” Xfinity My Account ” To manage your account. You can use that app to reset your Xfinity chart easily. But be sure to use the ” Long Reset ” in the app instead of ” Short Reset .”
So those are the solutions you can try if your ‘ Xfinity remote is not working. ‘Based on the experience we had, at least one of the above solutions should work. If you have any other Xfinity-related questions, let us know in the comment section below.