Who is motor trade insurance designed for?

Read Time:2 Minute, 1 Second

Anyone who works on cars for customers needs this type of trade insurance. It doesn’t matter if you work in a garage with all the best equipment or you operate from your driveway at home.

Image Credit

You will need this insurance if you work part-time or full-time, too. So, the question you need to ask yourself is what type of motor trade insurance you need, rather than whether you need it or not.

You will need trade insurance regardless of the type of operation you run or work within but the level of the cover you want and need will depend on a variety of factors, such as how big your operation is and where it is located.

Types of trade insurance

When you start thinking about looking at websites such as https://www.quotemetoday.co.uk/motor-trade-insurance/ to find your trade insurance, you also need to consider the type of insurance you need.

Motor trade combined policy

You may need a motor trade combined policy if you run a business from a place such as a specialist garage. This type of policy can cover a wide variety of different options, including buildings and contents insurance, tools cover, employer’s liability, public liability and road risks.

Image Credit

Road risks insurance policy

This is suitable if you just want cover from damage which is caused due to road accidents and should cover you to drive your customers’ cars for business purposes. This is, potentially, the right type of insurance for you if you run your business from home, for example, and you sell a small number of cars to earn a second income.

It is also worth remembering that as well as insurance, there are also other regulations and rules which need to be adhered to if you are working within the motor industry. Information on health and safety within motor repair businesses, for example, can be found at http://www.hse.gov.uk/mvr/index.htm.

Trades where insurance is needed

To clarify again, this type of trade insurance is needed across a wide range of jobs. The types of people who may need it include:

– Body shop owners
– Full-time traders in the motor industry
– Motor traders who only work part-time
– Exhaust and tyre fitters
– Vehicle recovery agents
– Car sales operators
– MOT and car servicing garage owners
– Mobile mechanics
– Garage or home-based mechanics
– Valeters

Average Rating

5 Star
4 Star
3 Star
2 Star
1 Star

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Learn how your comment data is processed.

Previous post How to better organise your contracts
Interior design applications Next post Interior design applications for smart phones and tablets