Making offers and offering discounts is one of the most popular strategies that exist to increase sales. But they are not always effective. For this reason, the important question is: Do you know how to manage discounts?
Lowering the price of your products could make more people feel attracted to your business. This strategy must be used intelligently for it to be successful.
It is essential to calculate the pros and cons of offering a discount and specify your actions and define what your goal is. Here are some practical tips to help you:
How to manage discounts effectively?
1) Try different methods: When you have defined the goal you want to achieve, choose the discount type that gives the best results for your type of product.
2) Focus on attracting customers: Establishing discounts can make many people who have not yet tried your product or service dare to do so. If they like what you offer it is very likely that they will return even though the offer has already ended.
3) Offer 2 for 1 offer: Sometimes offering a discount is not enough to attract more customers. A large number of buyers prefer that they offer a product or service for free; This occurs because it is easier to do a calculation based on something free than to take accounts based on a percentage.
4) Think about the profitability of your business: It is vital to deduce if your discount will allow you to continue being profitable. This is important so you don’t have more losses instead of gains.
5) Limit the discount to a certain number of people: This strategy is used to give a sense of urgency and demonstrate exclusivity. When you make a discount that is open and permanent the buyer is likely to postpone the purchase.
6) You must take into account the following: For this strategy to work you must comply with the number of people and time established. Otherwise, you will lose credibility and the desired sense of urgency will be lost.
7) Make good use of social networks: You could offer a discount for buyers to talk about your business on the internet. It is a form of referral marketing. This way your client and your business also win.
8) Set a time for the promotion: You could put a special discount for those people who arrive earlier in the morning. This gives your discount an image of being something very exclusive and that is not offered frequently.
Let’s make a summary
- Discounts are a very good sell strategy, but it is important that you know when and how to use them.
- Remember not to focus only on selling but on attracting more customers, also take into account your loyal customers; Think of discounts in which you can reward such loyalty to your business.
- Be very careful not to abuse this strategy because you could have more losses instead of gains, have a strategic approach to increase your income.
- You must be very clear about your goal.
You may like also to read http://www.dinosystem.com/Tags: manage discounts, management tips