Businesses can benefit greatly from an online presence, especially one on social media. It can take time to build up rapport this way, but the key is engaging with your customers and potential customers to increase sales and boost the reputation of your business.
To do this, you’ll need a social media marketing strategy. This may sound like a technical term to anyone who’s fresh to the scene, but with our useful tips, you’ll be a whizz in no time.
What is a social media strategy?
Like any strategy, it contains a plan. In this plan, you’ll find the things you want to achieve on your chosen platforms and what you need to do to make this happen. Everything is summarised here, from your goals to your posts and what type of audience you’ll be directing the posts toward. You’ll also note here how you’re going to measure performance.
How do I start?
1. You’ll need to decide what you want to achieve on social media, whether it’s sales, more enquiries coming in or both. Social media always has a purpose, so defining what it is for your business is essential to progressing and making it work.
2. Who do you want to see your posts? These people are your audience. Research them and find out their interests and what platforms they’re likely to use and when. If you find information you can convert PDF to Excel and use it later for data analysis. For help with this, you can use services such as https://pdftables.com/.
3. Decide which platform you will use. It’s advisable to start with one channel and build on it. Once you have gained your audience, you can open another channel on a different platform and your audience can follow you there, too.
4. In any business, you must keep an eye on the competition. Check their profiles and see what’s working for them. https://www.socialmediatoday.com/news/4-steps-for-creating-a-solid-social-media-strategy-infographic/558752/ can help you keep ahead of the competition with advice on what works and what doesn’t.
5. Set up a schedule so you know when you’re going to post and what content to use. You can have this automated so it can be quick and easy. Being consistent is key.
Remember to keep an eye on your goals and compare where you were to where you are now – #socialmediawhizz!