A spa is a health facility that offers treatments, therapies or relaxation systems using water as a main element. Normally we go to a spa to relax but the fact of going for the first time can be cause for stress. In this post, we will share some tips to enjoy your first time at a spa, as well as all that follow. We suggest visiting Best Facials in Manhattan.
10 tips for the first time at a spa
- Do not go to a spa if you suffer from infectious skin diseases, cardiovascular diseases, recent acute myocardial infarction, severe hypertension or hypotension, fever or malaise. In the case of pregnancy, ask your gynecologist first.
- It is recommended not to start treatment with a full stomach.
- Before going to the spa, choose the best treatment for you and book your session. Normally spa centers offer different types of treatments. Check what each one consists of before booking to make sure it is the one that best suits your wishes and needs.
- It is advisable to arrive 15 minutes before the spa to be able to prepare and start at the time you had booked without losing time of your treatment. Visit Waxing in NYC to get the best care of waxing.
- Once inside, forget the clock and the passage of time. The staff will be in charge of letting you know when the experience is nearing its end. Meanwhile, relax and enjoy.
- Let yourself be carried away by the experience and enjoy from the first moment. Spa centers tend to take care of the environment so that upon arrival you will feel a warm welcome that invites you to relax and disconnect from the problems that remain on the other side of the door.
- Do not forget to turn off your mobile phone and ignore its existence during your visit. You will avoid disturbing the rest of the clients and you will have easier to relax.
- To the same end, speak softly. The environment asks for it.
- Take off earrings, necklaces, bracelets … you can leave them at the ticket office or much better in the room or at home. In case you have long hair, pick it up.
- Take a quick shower before starting your treatment or entering the thermal circuit.
Clothing for spa
If you wonder how to go dressed, the standard answer would be comfortable clothes.
Depending on the type of treatment you have chosen, you will have to undress completely or not, although staying in your underwear, swimsuit or bikini will be more comfortable for you. If you use oils or other products that may damage your clothes, they may offer you disposable underwear or cover yours with a napkin. In any case, the therapist will cover you with a towel or blanket and only uncover the area that will be treated at each moment. Trust and enjoy.
If you go to the thermal circuit, wear a comfortable swimsuit during the visit. A bikini is usually more comfortable for women and a short one for men.
To move from one area to another of the facilities, it is advisable to use a bathrobe or towel to cover yourself, not feel cold or bother the rest of the customers. The cap is essential in the thermal circuit for reasons of hygiene.
For feet, use flip flops or rubber sandals, which do not slip and can be used in the shower. It is important that they are not the same ones that you use to go to the beach, outdoor pools or similar because they accumulate a lot of dirt.
What to take to a spa?
Next, and after the list of tips to enjoy the first time in a spa, we review what you need to take to a spa, if the center does not provide it. Take the things in your spa bag:
- Swimming trunks or comfortable bikini
- Bathrobe or shower towel
- Indoor flip flops
- Swimming cap
Toiletries: although in most spas we offer shower gel and shampoo, if you use a specific one or require any other type of product (cream, cologne, deodorant, conditioner, etc.) it is better to bring your own toiletry bag in that you can also include a comb or brush.
As final tips, remind you that the spa is for relaxation. You should not swim or disturb the rest of the people.