The groups of Facebook are excellent tools to boost online positioning and brand reputation. Do you know how to take advantage of Facebook groups for business? The Facebook Groups are like a group of people in real life who share interests and hobbies among them. They use them to share information, knowledge, entertainment and basically to belong to a digital social circle.
Members can leave their opinions, links, images and comment on what is published by others around a common theme.
There are three types of groups on Facebook… open, private and secret.
- Members can join at any time and invite anyone else to join and their content can be indexed in the search engines. The group appears in organic searches on Facebook.
- In these, we must request access to the group and only members can see what is shared. It also appears in organic searches on Facebook.
- These groups will not appear as a result of a search or member profiles and can only be joined by invitation, and only members can see the information and content of the group.
In the business world, the three can serve us for different purposes, depending on what you are looking for, but this case we will talk about what you can do from Facebook groups for business growth. Goes?
The first thing you should consider in your Facebook groups for business
A digital group, like any other association, needs clear communication rules so that, from them, people can share a healthy environment that meets the objectives of the group itself.
So the first thing you should define is:
Set a central theme for your Facebook group
Your group needs to be clear on the “topic” on which they are going to converse, without which your audience may be lost and people may arrive who do not really share the same interests.
You can have a variety of themes, but all that revolve on the same theme, do not deviate a lot because you will lose the interest to participate in your audience.
Set the rules of the Facebook group
It is very important that you make clear the rules of the group, what can be published and what is not, what topics can be discussed and the communication tones that are expected and prohibited.
Make the rules very clear, since there are many people who use the groups as a method to promote themselves, without contributing anything to the group and that can completely ruin your group and the associated strategy.
Search for other users who can act as administrators
If you are serious about your Facebook groups for business growth, imagine that you expect to have a large audience, which undoubtedly complicates if you are the only administrator.
The most advisable thing is to contact someone in the group, who is among the most active and dedicated. Send him a private message, and propose the idea of helping you manage the group.
Create a Content Strategy for your Facebook Group
A content strategy is essential to keep your group alive and that this really contributes to the positioning and reputation of your brand.
- Make a calendar and keep the quality of the Facebook group.
- Defines a frequency of publications.
- Assign content objectives per day: Motivation Mondays, Debate Tuesdays, Reflection Wednesdays, Trend Thursdays, etc.
- You must have a blog of your brand so you can share your own information.
Tips to take advantage of the Facebook groups for business
Now, let’s go to the tips to boost your Facebook Group.
1. Share information.
The most important thing in a group like this is to make a position of yourself and create a reputation around a certain topic. Therefore, you must share relevant information on a constant basis. They can be your blog post, news, trends and knowledge.
2. Generate content in which members can collaborate.
If your business has a blog, it is an ideal space for you to share your articles, but always think about how your members can participate.
3. Respond first as soon as possible.
You must make all members feel part of the group, welcome them and invite them to know the rules, motivate them to participate, and when they do, you should be aware that they feel heard. You have to respond to what you know and do not invite others to help you. You do not have to know everything!
4. Become a counselor.
Another of the best ways to attract participants and encourage interest is that you give a little of your knowledge and experience and share it with the group, solving doubts and anticipating your knowledge needs. Just look to be “neutral” as much as you can.
5. Maintain contact with members.
It is a very important practice if you want to promote Facebook groups for business. You want to know each member not the heap. Take your time to review the profiles of each member and talk to them on the wall directly or even through the group chat. But strive to know them all.
6. Ask for help.
Another way to encourage participation is to “ask for help” with this you are recognizing that your members can also contribute expert knowledge and relevance to all. Do not play the “wise man” and let your audience see that you value their opinions.
7. Ask your audience to comment on specific posts.
When you post the posts of your own blog, it always includes the CTA that they participate by giving their opinions and leaving comments on it. Move to comment on your members! There is nothing more fatal than a group where nobody comments and only likes are obtained.
8. Find ambassadors for your brand.
Among your members, you can find people who can be influencers and ambassadors of your brand in other channels or on Facebook itself, evaluate their profiles well and make the proposal.
9. Publish experiences and real cases to awaken the interest of your members.
Sharing real-life issues in which you can see your users reflected can be a great way to generate engagement and others are encouraged to comment. In addition to the real cases bring very real value to the groups.
10. Reward the most active members of your group.
Recognize the active participation of your users is important. You can give them something, a discount or promotion or even a unique and special mention, but motivate them.
11. Exploit the formats offered in the groups to generate content.
Use them all! Do not always publish in the same way, that your wall looks dynamic.
- Create interesting questionnaires, about trends, interests or habits, of which the majority of your group may be interested in the answers.
- Share PDF documents. You can give them reports, statistics or ebooks that may be of interest to you.
- Upload videos. Whether they belong to your brand (it’s the best thing) or even from other experts, but that add value to your topic.
- Make a Facebook Live. Very important! That they place you in person, that they feel close to your brand and yourself. Share events, tips in person and live.
- Create notes. You can leave short and practical tips in note format as if it were a mini-blog.
- Create an event. Why not? Invite them to face-to-face or digital events of your brand or you can simply invite them to chat in person once a month.
12. Offer your members exclusive content.
That they really feel an added value of belonging to the group, that it is clear to them that they would not get what they find there on another side of Facebook, but also in your other brand channels. Some examples:
- A Facebook Live for a monthly talk
- A Facebook Live to answer questions
- Tutorial videos on very specialized topics
13. Analyze the data of your Facebook groups for business.
Finally, as in the entire digital world, I recommend that you measure what you are doing in the group so that you can adjust to achieve your brand objectives.
Ideas to promote yourself directly in your own Facebook Group
And why not? It is also worth “strategically” introducing the sale of your products or services, which is seen as a fair change of everything that you give to members for free so that your sales promotion is not noted intrusive.
- Facilitate access to your website.
- Mention the services or products you offer.
- It offers exclusive benefits: discounts, coupons, training and workshops.
- Ask for recommendations to your members.
- Share your Lead Magnet so they also enter your digital database.
- Make them reach campaigns (Ads) of Facebook.